Internet Classroom K-12

Technology and Internet use in K-12 education.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Glad to be Finished

Whew! I just finished the final. (Sorry, no hints from me.) I have benefited greatly from this class. I look at curriculum design in a different light now. I see the importance of authentic assessment. I have a clearer picture of how technology can help me increase the depth of my students' understanding. I can also see where too much technology can detract from the goals of any unit.

I am enjoying this so much, I signed up for my next class and I'll finish a total of three before I go back to school in the fall. I cannot say enough about the impact this is having on my professional life. I felt that I had a lot of catching up to do since I entered public school teaching much later than most people do. The courses are helping me not only catch up but also become a leader for improvement.

Thanks to everyone who posted a comment and gave feedback on the unit. You are the best!

3 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Glad the final is over for you, how it wasn't too bad. I did the paper, and was also glad when it was over.

Best of luck!
Linda

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Greg Yurish said...

Hi Shelly,

I took the final, too. I have to say, I came REALLY close to not finishing within the two hours. I did the FASTEST spell check in my entire life, I hope I didn't miss any glaring mistakes.

I like what you said about technology detracting from your goals. I guess that could happen if you get overly excited about using a certain type of technology. I really want to explore Smart Boards more.

I'm going to take this semester off so I can prepare for and take the GRE sometime soon.

Good luck,

Greg

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger JS said...

Shelly,

I did the paper rather than the final. I am glad it was finished. 8 weeks is a short time for a class. But the speed of change in my teaching is noticeable. I can remember 8 weeks ago when I did not know much about blogs and I did not think how to use them with education. Next year after my courses this summer my classroom will be renewed with the connections to relevant and beneficial technology. I guess I will get more requests to me an unpaid technical advisor for my department.

Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home